Spring Speech & Language Activity Set
Speech and language activities with a spring theme.
• Picture and text cards 48 picture card pairs 2"x2" (23 spring picture cards, 23 matching text cards, 2 adorably illustrated "spring" cards). Suggested activities include picture-to-word matching, picture-to-picture matching, "Spring Bingo" or "Spring Go-Fish"
• Cut and paste spring sentences 3 worksheets (a) boy watering flowers (b) girl flying a kite.(c) girl resting by a tree. At the bottom of each picture are scrambled words. Encourage students to cut the words and build a simple sentence.
• Answer and Ask "wh" questions 4 worksheets each depicting simple spring scene and one simple sentence (a girl smelling a flower, a dog hiding behind a tree, a girl flying a kite, and boys playing soccer) with a simple sentence beside the illustration. Below each picture and sentence are simple "who?" "did what? "where?"and "when?" questions. The same pictures also appear on worksheets that prompt students to ask "wh" questions.
• Sequencing: butterfly life cycle 4 picture cards (egg, caterpillar, cocoon, butterfly) and worksheets cut and paste sentences (including sequencing words "first, next, then, finally) or write your own sentences to match the pictures.
• Sequencing: planting 4 picture cards (boy digging, planting seeds, watering soil and standing next to flowers). Worksheet choices include cut and paste sentences (including sequencing words "first, next, then, finally) or write your own sentences to match the pictures.
• Ladybug build words with S blends file folder and worksheets Students match words on ladybug wings to pictures of words that begin with /s blends/. The words on the wings are cut into 2 pieces to encourage the student to think about each sound as they fix each of the ladybugs' wings.
• Ladybug build words with mixed blends file folder and worksheets Students match words on ladybug wings to pictures of words that begin with a variety of letter blends. The words on the wings are cut into 2 pieces to encourage the student to think about each sound as they fix each of the ladybugs' wings.
• Sound Sort F vs. B File Folder Students sort picture cards. Does the word "start like butterfly or like frog?"
• Prepositions: Where is the Butterfly? file folder and follow-up worksheet Students place colorful butterflies into a picture scene and encouraged to formulate sentences incorporating prepositions "on", "next to", "behind", "between", and "under". This worksheet comes in color and black and white.
• Compound Words: "What's in the Basket? file folder and worksheets Students build words to label 10 baskets containing compound words (strawberry, blueberry, hotdog, milkshake, sunflower, baseball, basketball, cupcake, watermelon, and popcorn). 2 worksheets include additional speech vocabulary (rainbow, ladybug, grasshopper etc) as well as word banks.
• Spring Language and Vocabulary A file folder containing 3 different language activities. This file folder is also sold separately here it includes: Spring Picture Scene Puzzle: A spring picture scene with detachable components. 10 object cutouts can be matched to outlines on the picture scene. Items include: flower, kite, sun, red robin, soccer ball, watering can, seeds, leaf, butterfly, and bicycle. Read and Match Spring Vocabulary: Detachable cutouts can be pulled off the picture scene and matched to printed word. Perfect for early reading comprehension and phonemic awareness activities.Read and Infer Spring Poems:Ten short poems, each is about an item in the spring picture scene. The poems rhyme and are full of adjectives. Students will love guessing the topic of the poem and then pulling that item off the picture scene and placing it on the card. Also included is a scripted prompt to help support the skill of inferencing ("This poem is about_________. The clues are_______")
Related product our interactive Make & Take Book Where are the Flowers Rony?
You may also like
Fall Speech and Language Activity Set
Winter Speech and Language Activity Set
Back to School Speech and Language Activity Set